Friday, November 15, 2013

Farewell Party

This post is bittersweet, although I had fun planning and hosting this party for our dear friends... it meant that they were packing up and heading on to new adventures in a new city.  You may remember the "Tiny Dancer" themed baby shower I hosted almost two years ago... that was for our sweet friends who are now 6 hours away! Anyway, I kept this party pretty simple... and kind of went with a map theme for obvious reasons. :)- Here are some of the details.


The food table: Now that my husband built me these beautiful barn doors, I don't need a backdrop to cover the ugly bi-fold doors.  Also, I bought a map from Target to tie in the moving theme.


Centerpiece: I kept it simple... pictures of our friends, a map of Virginia, some dried flowers, the invite, my new little plant from IKEA and pitcher vase from Target.


 The invite (I made these at home using some scrapbook paper that I thought looked kind of like a map, some blue cardstock and a red pen to draw a heart over the current city and new city).


 Other decor (I placed pictures of them around the house):


At the table in our entryway, I put a frame for the guests to sign as a momento for our friends.


 I made a map banner with "We'll miss you" written on it but if I had it to do over, I wish I'd printed the letters on the map pages from the computer in big letters because I don't think it stands out enough.


 Here's a picture of us with the guests of honor.  We sure do miss them already!


No comments:

Post a Comment