Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tiny Dancer Baby Shower

I had so much fun planning and hosting this "tiny dancer" aka ballerina themed baby shower for our sweet friends Kristin and Nate. Kristin was a ballerina so we went with the ballerina or "tiny dancer" theme which meant lots of PINK, tulle and ballerinas! I thought grey would be a good accent color so it wouldn't be too much pink (if that's possible)!


Wreath at the front door with the invite

Our tree for everyone to write their words of wisdom for Leighton


Tulle pom poms and lanterns

Food table






Centerpiece: pink crystal glasses with floating flowers


Cupcakes with "tiny dancer" toppers


Cutlery


Banner above the fireplace


Ballerina slipper cookie favors


Details:

Wreath: Handmade using a twig wreath from Hobby Lobby, crepe paper, pink tulle, the invite and extra cupcake toppers.

Silver "Wishes" Tree: Handmade using a few branches cut off a tree in the woods nearby and spray painted silver.  I added some embellishments mostly found in the scrapbooking isle in Hobby Lobby

Tulle Pom Poms: Handmade using this tutorial I found through Pinterest, I changed it up a little to make some different sizes though

Centerpiece: I borrowed some of my mom's pink crystal glasses and bought some flowers at a local florist.  I just cut the tops off and floated them on top of some water. I found the ballerina silhouette at Hobby Hobby and decided to stick it in the center last minute.

Cupcake Toppers: Handmade using this tutorial.  I also added the tulle on top of the crepe paper to make it look more like a tu-tu

Fabric Banner: I've seen these everywhere and decided to make one.  I bought some hem ribbon (not sure of the technical term for it but ribbon that has a fold in the middle) and bought some fabric that matched my theme.  Then I just went to town cutting fabric triangles and hot glued the fabric into the ribbon.

Ballerina slipper cookies: These were purchased from a local bakery called Pink Magnolia.  They do the best job and I believe they ship to other states as well.

Tags and Signage: I had these printed at a local print shop called Perfect Printing.  I designed them on the Mac and brought in my flash drive for them to print them.

No comments:

Post a Comment