Friday, November 22, 2013

Elephant Themed Baby Shower

It is always a joy for me to plan a baby shower for a close friend and this one was no different.  I have known Jessica since middle school and in high school we became close friends.  I always called her my clone because we were very similar: passion for singing, major sweet tooth, cried at the same things, and somehow our senior year our school put us in almost every class together. We have remained great friends through the years (even though we haven't lived in the same city since graduating high school)!

I asked Jessica if she had anything in mind for a shower theme or color scheme and she said she loved elephants and was decorating the nursery in bright green and blue so I took those ideas and went to town. :) I couldn't find any elephant crafting items (stamps, stickers, ribbons, etc) at Hobby Lobby so I bought some printable elephants off Etsy and used them on my invitations, cupcake toppers, favor bags, etc.

Here are some of the details from the shower:


Wreath for the door... I used the twig wreath with my invite, some ribbon and two paper elephants that matched the decor.


The shower was at 10:30am and since I love any excuse to serve breakfast... I made it a brunch!

On the Menu:
Pigs in a Blanket, Streusel Muffins, Strawberry cream cheese danish, Buttermilk Biscuits and preserves, Chocolate doughnuts, Fruit salad, Cranberry Apple casserole and California Egg Puff.



Centerpiece... I found paper tablecloth that matched my invites at Target so I used it as a runner (over some teal tablecloths I own to bring in both colors.  I used some grey fabric to add some dimension and put an elephant I found at Hobby Lobby with a chalkboard sign and some flowers.  Pretty simple but I liked the way it turned out.




Paper products: I love bringing the theme of the party into the paper products and love that Hobby Lobby now has the cute chevron paper straws in almost every color.



Favors: I used Pink Magnolia for the cookies.  Jessica did a fabulous job as always and matched the cookies perfectly to my invites.  I had her make a special one for the mama-to-be as well.  I (when I say "I" and I'm taking about designing something on the computer, what I really mean is...Charlie) made tags for the cookies with the same elephants from the invites.



 And here's one of me with the guest of honor and adorable mama-to-be!

1 comment:

  1. Super chic elephant themed baby shower. Thank you very much dear for sharing these brilliant party photos here. I would also be booking Los Angeles event venues for a combined bridal and baby shower for two friends. So if you have any interesting ideas then please share.

    ReplyDelete