Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cowgirl themed Baby Shower

As I've mentioned many times, I just LOVE themes.  Give me a theme and I will go to town!  When my childhood friend, Ashley, announced that she and her husband were having a girl I asked her if we could throw her a cowgirl themed baby shower.  She grew up in the country with horses and actually had real cowboy boots growing up so of course she said yes.

Several friends and I decided to host it together so we started planning.  I thought teal, hot pink and burlap would be a fun color/fabric theme so I went with it on the invites and then we carried the color scheme throughout the party.  We had the shower at 10am on Saturday morning so we went with western themed food (or at least names).  On the menu were individual cowgirl coffee cakes, fresh off the farm fruit, flapjacks, Rodeo Scramble (egg casserole), sizzlin' bacon, cowpoke cheese grits, Texas Potatoes and Bessie's buttermilk biscuits.  We made tags for the food and favors using the same card stock from the invites but traded out the white top layer for some natural paper that matched the burlap and used a longhorn stamp dipped in pink ink to tie in our western theme.

Here are some of the details from the shower.


Our wreath


 I saw this at a shower I attended recently and thought it was the best idea! Everyone takes one and writes down the prayers they will be praying for the baby

Centerpiece










We used Mason Jars to serve the beverages and they were borrowed from a family friend.
We made Mini Cherry pies in Cupcake tins for everyone to take home and just wrapped them in cookie bags.



Beautiful mama-to-be!
 Hostesses with the mama-to-be

Details: 

Wreath: Handmade using a twig wreath purchased at Hobby Lobby and doctored up using a couple of teal bandana's, burlap, some wooden letters painted pink. I also added a mini longhorn from the western section of Hobby Lobby.  The boot wreath hanger was also purchased at Hobby Lobby. 

Centerpiece: This was made using a pair of my cowboy boots with some vases placed inside and fresh flowers.  The cowboy hat was also in my possession from a trip to texas (ha) and the rod iron sign was purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The hot pink and teal topiaries were found at Olde Time Pottery and were put sporadically throughout the table to add a pop color!

The burlap "Z": This was a wooden "Z" from Hobby Lobby wrapped in burlap and hot glued together.

Coffee cake toppers: These were so cute and super easy! I bought some cowboy inspired stickers out of the scrapbook section and hot glued them to toothpicks and Ta Da... Cupcake toppers in a matter of minutes

Mini Pie Favors: My dad and I made these together using muffin tins and then I wrapped them in cookie bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment