Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Aqua and Pink Lingerie Shower


Last Friday I hosted a lingerie shower for one of my best friends, Stephanie.  I had a blast planning this and went with an aqua, teal and pink color theme and a fondue party theme.  Here are some pictures from the evening (side note: Charlie was out of town so I tried my hand at taking pictures with the fancy camera...realized half way through the evening that I didn't have the flash on, whoops)!



Food table (Minus the actual fondue, it was in the kitchen)


Some of the Fondue dippers 


Paper products and little bowls to put the fondue in so it wouldn't run

The Strawberry cake from Pink Magnolia

 The invite (DIY tutorial here)

Cookies by Pink Magnolia 

Centerpiece



Tulle Pom Poms

 Wreath

Pretty Bride-to-be :)

Details:
Tulle Pom Poms: Handmade... I bought the tulle at Hobby Lobby and made them semi-using this tutorial.  I made some big and some small so I did have to play around with size ( I used a CD case for the small ones and a 10x10 photo album for the larger ones. 

Bra & Undie garland: Handmade... I used rope ribbon and clothes pins from Hobby Lobby and found inexpensive bra's and undies from stores like TJMaxx. 

Strawberry cake and lingerie cookies: These are from Pink Magnolia Bakery.  I use them for all of my parties.  I just love what they can do with a cookie!

Invite: I came up with the idea to do a bodice shaped invite and when I searched online I found this adorable invite that I used as I guide.  They were definitely time consuming but I loved the final product!

Centerpiece: I found this awesome tutorial on how to make aqua colored vases and mason jars but then when I sent Charlie to Hobby Lobby to collect the supplies, they had glassware on sale.  So, he called and I told him to just go ahead and get the ones that were already aqua.  So, I went the easy route!  I bought the flowers at Fresh Market and arranged them myself.  Easy peasy! 

Wreath: Every time I host a shower, I make a wreath to hang on the door.  This way, the guests know they are at the right spot and it sets the tone for the shower. :) I bought a plain twig wreath from Hobby Lobby and wrapped it with the same lace and ribbon I used in the invites (love coordination)! Then I made mini corsets using the same paper, lace and ribbon and hot glued them to toothpicks to use in the wreath. Lastly, I hung the invite in the middle with pink tulle. 

Backdrop: I used this same backdrop for my Tiny Dancer baby shower I hosted back in January. This was made using discounted fabric, folding over and hot gluing a seam.  And Ta-Da, handmade backdrop on a budget.  We (ahem, Charlie) used 3M hooks to hang a curtain rod above the laundry room door and the fabric slides on like a curtain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment